Politics and Society for Leaving Certificate students wishing to take the exam in 2023 (2021/22 5th years).
Politics and Society is one of the newest subjects added to the Leaving Certificate curriculum and has proven to be very popular in schools that have taken it on. The course consists of:
1. Citizenship Project worth 20% of the course (Group project is recommended but it can be done individually on condition that a good reason is given)
2. Exam paper worth 80% of the course. The exam paper is broken into three sections:
- A) Short Questions (Answer 10 of 12)*
- B) Data Question (Medium length, analysis-based questions with a mini-essay)
- C) Essay Questions (Answer 2 from 4)**
*in 2021 the SEC amended the paper to 10 of 15 questions temporarily
**in 2021 the SEC amended the paper to 1 of 4 questions temporarily
This subject is particularly useful to students wishing to pursue a career in Politics & Political Science, Government, Law, European Studies, Human Rights, Sociology, Journalism, Teaching, Arts & Humanities, Social Studies, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy.
Students must be willing to work independently as the exam paper is designed to reward those who think critically. Whereas notes and guidance will be provided it is, ultimately, up to the individual student to arrive on one's standing based on guidance given.
- Day: Thursday
- Time: 7.00-8.30pm
- Location: Limerick or online
- Teacher: Ógie Ó Céilleachair
- Cost: €30
- **Pre-booking required by calling 061-444989